A historic Helotes architectural landmark!
The Texas Historical Commission has erected an official historical marker at the site of the Marnoch Homestead alongside Helotes Creek. This two-story limestone structure was built by Scottish surgeon Dr. George Frederick Marnoch in 1859, with famed San Antonio architect John M. Fries in charge of the project. The Marnoch family lived in the home for nearly 90 years, until 1947. Its high ranking in both historical and architectural significance has earned it Historical Marker #16488. Visitors are welcome to the site, but access to the interior of the homestead is not currently available to the public.